- Seams should fit tightly when dry fitted.
- Place a release material (clear packing tape) under the seam to prevent contamination of deck seam.
- Thoroughly clean areas to be seamed with denatured alcohol using clean white shop rag.
- Position sheets to be seamed 3/16″ to 1/4″ apart.
- Prepare clamping materials (Attach glue blocks if using this technique).
- Prepare seam kits. Purge cartridge before installation of mixer tip, then attach mixer tip and purge the tip to ensure proper mixture of adhesive.
- Fill the seam to 1/2 full.
- Slide the sheets together. Make sure there is adhesive squeeze out along entire seam.
- Clamp the seam together.
- DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN clamps. Over tightening will cause starved, weak seams.
- Remove cured adhesive squeeze out with router on “skis,” surface leveller, or random orbital sander. Do not scrape, chisel or use belt sander on seam.
Drop Edges – Stacked
- Sand backside of areas to be seamed.
- Dry fit edge strips and fasten hot melt blocks.
- Clean surfaces to be seamed thoroughly with denatured alcohol and clean white shop rag.
- Purge cartridge and tip to ensure proper mixture of adhesive.
- Apply adhesive and clamp with spring clamps at 2″ – 3″ intervals.
- Make sure there is adequate glue squeeze out along entire seam. Check carefully for voids.
- Do not sandwich other materials (wood, metal, laminate, etc.) between edges. Use these types of inlays in a routed groove.
- When cured it is ready for routing.
Mitre Fold Drop Edges
- Place sheet material face down on a solid, flat work surface. Clean mitre.
- Apply a 1/16″ bead of adhesive in the entire length of the mitre fold seam. Also apply a 1/16″ bead at one corner to be folded.
- Fold up drop edge and clamp into place. Clamps should be within 2″ from each corner and located every 12″. Place clamps 1/4″ above the face of the panel to ensure proper pressure. NOTE: Once drop edge is folded into place, do not allow the edge to separate from the deck.
- Fold up the end caps and secure in place with spring clamps or 3 way clamps. Clamps should be placed every 2″. Place 3 way clamps 1/4″ above the face of the panel.
- Adhesive squeeze out is required along entire length of seam and at all corners.
- Allow seam adhesive to cure completely before machining.
Sink Fabrication Techniques
- Scuff area to receive sink using 80 micron or equivalent abrasive.
- Place wooden blocks with hot melt glue to position sink securely during glue up.
- Thoroughly clean areas to be seamed with denatured alcohol using clean white shop rags.
- Apply ample amount of Seam-It Surfacing Adhesives to sink rim.
- Clamp sinks in place
- Check for seam kit squeeze out around entire sink area.
- Remove clamps after seam adhesive hardens.
Thermo-Forming and Adhesives
All seaming must be completed after the Thermo-Forming process